The North Georgia Agricultural College began publishing its yearbook, the Cyclops, officially in 1906. Between 1902 and 1905, the Literary Society published a "Souvenir,” with many of the elements of a yearbook but missing formal class pictures. The University Archives does not own yearbooks for the following years: 1910, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1917, 1920, 1921, 1926, and 1933. For most of these years, no known volumes exist and may not have been published in those years.
In 1930, North Georgia Agricultural College changed its name to North Georgia College. For a short period, between 1933-1945, the school was a 2-year college, and in 1946, North Georgia College was again designated a senior level college by the Board of Regents. In 1996 the college gained university status and was renamed North Georgia College & State University.
In August 2009, the Library Technology Center, with assistance from Lyrasis and the Sloan Foundation, began digitizing the Cyclops yearbooks, processing the earliest volumes first. Digitization of more recent volumes is ongoing.