The University of North Georgia's 25th Annual Research Conference will take place March 13, 2020. This year, all five campuses will convene at the Martha Nesbitt building on the Gainesville campus for a showcase of student research from around 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
ARC invites student research presentations, posters, and creative activities from across the disciplines. Specific guidelines for each type of presentation are listed below. We are looking for interesting, innovative, and thought-provoking research and creative projects.
This year we will showcase student artwork in an art gallery session that will occur before and alongside the poster session. During these times we will have musical performances by students who submit musical performances without an oral presentation.
We also welcome panel proposals, where students suggest an entire panel of linked presentations. Students should submit individual abstracts and add a note in the “Note to Conference Administrators” to let us know they are a panel. We also accept presentations on proposed work (theoretical research yet to be completed).
All proposals will be reviewed by a cross-disciplinary panel of judges.
The deadline to submit an abstract proposal of up to 250 words is February 14, 2020. You may submit your proposal by clicking on the “Submit Proposal” link in the left-hand sidebar.
Oral, Performance and Visual Arts Presentations
Students may submit in the following categories
(Refer to Submission Guidelines on Left Panel for more details)
- Oral Presentation- Research projects presented in a 10-15 minutes presentation format
- Musical Performance- Musical presentations that are no more than 10-15 minutes long including time for questions from the audience (can include an oral presentation)
- Visual Presentation- Artwork and Visual Presentations hosted in a gallery and/or during the poster session (can include an oral presentation)
- Poster- Projects and creative activities presented during an hour-long poster session
Required documentation for Arts and Musical Submissions
Visual Arts presentations must:
- upload a digital file demonstrating their proposed work.
- include your logistical needs (chairs, stands, microphone, etc.).
Musical performances must:
- include a 4-6 minute audio or video recording of the performance of the individual or group. This can be a recording of a rehearsal or performance to demonstrate the group’s ability.
- Submissions can include one or multiple works. Performances will be limited to 8-10 minutes.
- Please include your logistical needs (chairs, stands, microphone, etc.).
Best Presentation Prize for completed essays/posters
This year, awards will be given on the basis of a student’s submitted abstract and essay/poster. Students who would like to be considered in the awards section of the conference should also upload their complete presentation essay and/or poster under the "Additional Files" tab by Friday, March 1, 2020.
Additional smaller prizes will be awarded as well. The awards ceremony will take place at 12 noon in the Martha Nesbitt building.
Also, please see UNG Annual Research Conference page for more information regarding the conference. The final schedule of events will also update here.