The University of North Georgia's 26th Annual Research Conference will be virtual and take place on Friday, March 26, 2021. This year we will hold both a prerecorded poster exhibit and a virtual oral presentation via Zoom for all five campuses from around 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
ARC invites student research presentations, posters, and creative activities from across the disciplines. Specific guidelines for each type of presentation are listed below. We are looking for interesting, innovative, and thought-provoking research and creative projects. Abstracts should be submitted by February 19, 2021 at noon to Digital Commons.
We also welcome panel proposals where students suggest an entire panel of linked presentations. Students should submit individual abstracts and add a note in the “Note to Conference Administrators” to let us know they are a panel. We also accept presentations on proposed work (theoretical research yet to be completed).
All proposals will be reviewed by a cross-disciplinary panel of judges.
- Students may submit in the following categories:
- Oral Presentation- Research projects presented virtually in a 10-15 minutes presentation format
- Musical Performance- Musical presentations performed remotely that are no more than 10-15 minutes long (can include an oral presentation)
- Visual Presentation- Artwork and Visual Presentations uploaded to our website and/or prerecorded during the poster session (can include an oral presentation)
- Poster- Projects and creative activities that are prerecorded and uploaded to our website to be presented during an hour-long poster session
The deadline to submit an abstract proposal of up to 250 words is February 19, 2021 at noon. Please either click the link on the left sidebar labeled "Submit Proposal", or click the following link to submit your proposal.
CURCA will hold 2 workshops to help students prepare for the conference. Both will be virtual and uploaded onto our YouTube channel afterwards. Please check out our CURCA webpage for more details in January 2021. Dates are as follows:
Thursday, February 4th 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm: Abstract Workshop via Zoom
Thursday, February 18th, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm: How to Present Virtually at a Conference via Zoom
Best Presentation Prize for Completed Essays/Posters
This year, awards will be given on the basis of a student’s submitted abstract and essay/poster. Students who would like to be considered in the awards section of the conference should also upload their complete presentation essay and/or poster under the "Additional Files" tab by Friday, March 5, 2021.
Please check out both our CURCA Facebook page and this page for further information in the future. The final schedule of events will also update here.