The University of North Georgia's 26th Annual Research Conference will be virtual and take place on Friday, March 26, 2021. This year we will hold both a prerecorded poster exhibit and a virtual oral presentation via Zoom for all five campuses from around 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Students have submitted in the following categories:
- Oral Presentation- Research projects presented virtually in a 10-15 minutes presentation format
- Musical Performance- Musical presentations performed remotely that are no more than 10-15 minutes long (can include an oral presentation)
- Visual Presentation- Artwork and Visual Presentations uploaded to our website and/or prerecorded during the poster session (can include an oral presentation)
- Poster- Projects and creative activities that are prerecorded and uploaded to our website to be presented during an hour-long poster session
Best Presentation Prize for Completed Essays/Posters
This year, awards will be given on the basis of a student’s submitted abstract and essay/poster. Students who would like to be considered in the awards section of the conference should also upload their complete presentation essay and/or poster under the "Additional Files" tab by Monday, March 8, 2021.
Please note that prerecorded posters are not required to be uploaded at this point, but are required to be completed by March 22 (see details below).
How to Record Your Poster Presentation in Microsoft StreamThis year, Allison Galloup has created helpful video tutorials on how to record yourself using Microsoft Stream for the prerecorded poster session. To access these videos, please click the link below to take you to our Stream Channel, 26 Annual Research Conference.
- Brief Overview for Posters - Students who are submitting prerecorded posters can either:
- Record their voice using Stream with PowerPoint or another application as their poster then upload it to our Stream channel (26 Annual Research Conference)
- Upload a prerecorded video of themselves with a physical poster to our Stream channel (26 Annual Research Conference)
We request this recording be about 3-5 minutes in length. After this is completed and uploaded to our Stream channel, please don’t forget to share permissions with us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can have access to download and then upload your recording to our Digital Commons site here. The due date for recording/uploading a video on Stream is March 22, 2021.
CURCA has recorded 2 workshops, and will have a final one to help students prepare for the conference. All will be virtual and uploaded onto our YouTube channel afterwards. Please check out our CURCA webpage for more details. You can also email us at email@example.com for the Zoom link. Dates and times are as follows:
- Monday, March 8th, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm: Presenting Posters at Undergraduate Research Conferences via Zoom
Register to Attend the Conference
Please check out both our CURCA Facebook page and this page for further information in the future. The final schedule of events will also update here.