Publisher of Original Item
University of North Georgia
Oconee Historical Society, 2013 History on the Lawn
E.D. Stroud School, 1956-1696, was named for former educator Edwin David Stroud. The school started in 1956 to educate African-American children in first through twelfth grade. These students had previously attended the "Rosenwald School," and other church and community schools in Oconee County. The school is currently called "Colham Ferry Elementary School."
Curator Note: For Historical Marker see: Historical Marker Project, "E.D. Stroud School"
Date of original
URL or filename
University of North Georiga
Oconee Historical Society; Annette Scotland
Historical Society, Oconee, "[5.2] E.D. (Ed) Stroud School" (2020). 2013, Scans. 13.