Preview

image preview

Publisher of Original Item

University of North Georgia

Collection

Oconee Historical Society, 2014 History on the Lawn

Description

"The photograph is a view of the north and west sides of the Oconee County Courthouse before the remodeling of the 1990s. This photograph was made prior to 1955 because no building is located across the street from the north face of the courthouse; the building which was Dr. Ward's office was built in 1955 on the site of the vacant lot north of the courthouse. The house shown in this photograph faced Water Street and was located in what is now the parking lot of the Oconee State Bank. The old water tank for Watkinsville can be seen in the trees over the two story building. Emmitt Christopher is shown standing in his front yard on Water Street with a 1950 or 1951 model Dodge in the background. " Contributed by Jimmy Christopher.

Our guests are invited and encouraged to share descriptive information, such as names or dates associated with this image, using the comments feature at the bottom of this page.


Date of original

1950

Coverage (Temporal)

1950s

Language

Eng

URL or filename

https://digitalcommons.northgeorgia.edu/ohs_hotl2014_scans/77

Format

jpeg

Medium

scanned image

Type

image/jpeg

Dimensions

1686x1095

Holding Institution

University of North Georgia

Rights Holder

Oconee Historical Society / Jimmy Christopher

Extent

482 kB

Share

Image Location

 
COinS